Other places within the Parish and nearby

return to front page

Tweed River
Twizel Castle and Bridge
Twizel railway station, Red House, in the snow

River Tweed

Sara and Kerry Johnson viewing the frozen Tweed river, January 1982

Sunday January 17th, 1982 at 3.00pm
River Tweed, Learmouth Road end

up to top

Twizel Castle and Bridge

Twizel Castle The castle was built by the Blake family
It was pulled down in 1881; only ruins remain, as shown in the photo below, 21st June 2019

View of Twizel Castle above the old bridge
Twizel Old Bridge is believed to be the longest single-span mediaeval bridge in Britain.
It was used by English forces during the Battle of Flodden (1513).

Another view of the bridge and castle

Artist’s impression of the old Twizel Bridge

Another view of Twizel Bridge

Similar view taken on 21st June 2019


up to top

Twizel railway station, Red House and in the snow

Twizel station

Twizel Red House

Twizel in the snow, 1963

up to top