CORNHILL SOCIAL HISTORY PROJECT
Memorials and gravestone inscriptions
Pew allocations 1860
Registers of Birth, Marriage and DeathThese Cornhill parish registers are made available thanks to the ongoing and dedicated work of local residents.
Please note that not all records listed here are complete. Work is ongoing and updated versions will be added to the site regularly.
Files may be read online but should be downloaded if you wish to search or sort them
* indicates .xls files which can be sorted or searched in Excel, LibreOffice or similar
• Coldstream and District Local History Society
- Gravestone transcriptions
- The following may also be of interest: About the Cornhill-on-Tweed Churchyards
- Memorials inside St. Helen’s Church
• Linda Bankier of the Berwick Records Office berwickarchives@ northumberland.gov.uk
Allocated pews (about 1860)The following among the free and unappropriated pews were selected by families resident in Scotland for their usual occupation:
The following pews were allocated by the Minister, Church Wardens and parishioners to families which occupied pews in the old church: