A school was built in 1837, for the education of both boys and girls following the national system.
The master's house was constructed in 1860, the land for both buildings being given by the Collingwoods.
The school was enlarged and improved in 1868 at a cost of nearly £200.
It was moved to the new site ???
The school was closed however in 2012.