Cornhill Social History

CORNHILL SOCIAL HISTORY PROJECT
Other places within the Parish

return to front page
Donaldson’s Lodge
Tillmouth
Twizel

Donaldson’s Lodge


Donaldson’s Lodge, 1907 (unsure of date)


The community, 1907 (unsure of date)


Brethren House


The Lodgers

up to top

Tillmouth

Tillmouth School


School children 1910 - 1913


Names of pupils 1910-1913. Help with this would be appreciated!



School children 1950s


School children about 1957


School children about 1959


School children 1963-64


School children - date?


School children - date?


School children - date?
Head Teacher could be Susan Chapman Stafford

 


Tillmouth Park


Tillmouth Park and Twizel Bridge



Tillmouth FC, 1927


Tillmouth FC

up to top

Twizel


The castle was built by the Blake family
It was pulled down in 1881; only ruins remain


View of Twizel Castle above the old bridge
Twizel Old Bridge is believed to be the longest single-span mediaeval bridge in Britain.
It was used by English forces during the Battle of Flodden (1513).


Another view of the bridge and castle


Artist’s impression of the old Twizel Bridge


Another view of Twizel Bridge


Twizel station


Twizel Red House


Twizel in the snow, 1963

up to top